Monday Youth Ultimate
Youth League will run in two 7 week seasons on Monday nights, overlapping fully with the Monday night Adult League. Programs are available for ages 3 through 15, any skill level.
- Season One - May 25 - July 6, 2020
- Season Two - July 13 - August 31, 2020 (there will be no youth league on the Civic Holiday, Monday, Aug 3rd)
Registration opening Friday, February 14th.
Each season will consist of 7 weeks of play, weather permitting.
Mondays at 6:30 pm. Length of session varies with age, see below for details.
- 2 seasons: $120
- 1 season: $70
Payments should be made by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fee assistance is available for youth who would like to participate in the WODS youth programs but who may not have the financial means to do so. Please contact Kristen, our executive director, at email@example.com for more information.
In their first season of play, each player in Monday Youth Ultimate will receive:
- Jersey (To be received on Jersey and Picture night, hopefully week 3 of the season)
- 3 to 5 - Fundamental Physical Skill
- 6 to 8 - Fundamentals of Sport and Ultimate
- 9 to 11 - Learning to play Ultimate
- 12 to 15 - Open - Playing Ultimate and Learning New Skills
- 12 to 15 - Women - Playing Ultimate and Learning New Skills
Parental Supervision Required
- 3 to 5 - One parent present on sideline minimum. We recommend that guardians participate with the player for whom they are responsible
- 6 to 8 - Guardian must be in the park
- 9 to 11 - Guardian must be in the park
- 12 to 15 - Guardian must drop player off and be ready to pick them up an hour after session begins
Length of Play Time:
- 3 to 5 - 45 minutes max, some nights will end earlier depending on children
- 6 to 8 - 1 hour
- 9 to 11 - 1.5 hours
- 12 to 15 - 1.5 hours
- 3 to 5 - Cancelled for rain
- 6 to 8 - Cancelled for rain
- 9 to 11 - Play at coaches' discretion unless there is lightning
- 12 to 15 - Play at coaches' discretion unless there is lightning
Each division has a head coach/convener who will help run and direct activities for their age group. They will be supported by additional coaches who will be responsible for small groups of players. Below 6 years of age, guardians and their children participate together; for ages 6 and up, guardians are welcome to apply as coaches or assistant coaches (please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in helping out).
Held the first 15 minutes of the first night of the season. Electronic copies of Youth program documents will be provided via email approximately one week before the season starts.
Email email@example.com with any questions regarding the program.
For youth ages 12 - 19 looking for a competitive experience, consider looking into Sonic Boom, a new competitive Juniors team that has partnered with WODS.
Tryout information coming soon.