You may or may not know me. I'm Geoff Chan, WODS member, touring player and sometime coach of the UW Men's team.
On Sept. 4 and 5, I'm running a UW of Waterloo training camp for the UW team. Because I'm not strictly affliated with UW, the camp is open to anyone and everyone who wants to come out and run and work on their skills. For UW players who have registered with me, all components of the camp are pretty much mandatory. For anyone else, you can pick and choose which components of the Camp to participate in. So here's the basic itinery:
On September 4th & 5th (Saturday and Sunday) the day will start at:
- 9:00 am - 11:00 am: Cardio/Warmups (drills and practice that will work more on the Cardio component of Ultimate)
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm: Lunch (it is recommended that you bring lunch since we might be talking about Ultimate related stuff during lunchtime)
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Lecture
- 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm: Skills training (Focus of this practice will be on technical disc skills, throwing, cutting, catching)
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Scrimmage (focused scrimmage)
For the practice fields we are are in priority going to use:
- Waterloo Park, Baseball diamond
- Waterloo Park, Cricket Pitch
- Waterloo Park, Soccer Field
- Fischerhallman/Columbia fields
- University of Waterloo Village Green fields.
Because this is not a sanctioned event, and it's FREE, we have been unable to reserve fields exclusively for our use. Basically, we're all going to meet at the first fields... and if it's occupied or unavailable, we're moving onto the next set of fields and so on and so forth. So, for ALL practices, we start at Waterloo Park, Baseball diamond and work our way down the list.
If you come out, remember the cost of the camp is FREE, but bring light and dark jerseys, discs, cleats, sunscreen, plenty of water and food. etc. If you come out, please be respectful of the fact that the camp is training for UW to ramp up their game for the fall season, I will be running the camp hard and on a relatively tight schedule.
If you have any questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or I can be reached at 519-729-4243