Job Posting: Executive Director
The following job opportunity is available and the deadline has been extended until November 15, 2017. All interested applicants can send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Portwine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Executive Director, Waterloo Organization of Disc Sports
Term: 1 year
The Waterloo Organization of Disc Sports (WODS) is a non-profit organization currently run entirely by volunteers with the purpose of providing disc sports opportunities to the Waterloo Region. We try hard to offer varying levels of ultimate throughout the year.
We are looking for an energetic Executive Director to work with our Board of Directors to further disc sports in our community. Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited, to:
- Working with the diverse Board of Directors members, including the President, Secretary and Treasurer, to support their initiatives
- Book playing venues with cities of Waterloo, Kitchener and Cambridge.
- Establish and/or maintain strong relationships with local WODS members, community partners, and neighbouring Leagues.
- Manage incoming communications through our organizational email account, and distribute to Board of Directors as appropriate
- Support grant applications and research
- Support the Board of Directors with other projects and programs that arise
The successful candidate should be able to bring forward the following skills/qualifications:
- Strong time management and self-management skills
- Able to work independently, as well as proficiency in adjusting to diverse personalities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Sense of customer service and loyalty when representing WODS in the community
- Ability to follow through with a goal-oriented focus
- Familiarity with sports/athletics, preferably with disc sports
- Willingness to learn, be engaged, and participate
- Computer literate, web design/management experience an asset
This is a contractual position for a one (1) year term. As an independent contractor, the Executive Director will be required to provide WODS with a minimum of one (1) hour to ten (10) hours of services per week at the rate of $15.00 per hour. (A weekly average of 5 hours equates to 260 annual hours)
Services shall be provided by the Executive Director remotely. The Executive Director will be required to provide their own computer and submit bi-weekly invoices for his or her services to WODS.
Post Date: October 1, 2017
Application Deadline: November 15, 2017
Start Date: January 1, 2018