GRSM Red Card Program
We are excited to announce the rekindling of our relationship with Grand River Sports Medicine (GRSM). GRSM recognizes that expedited treatment of sports injuries can lead to faster recovery and reduced risk of re-injury. Over the years, they have provided ice packs to our leagues and tournaments, but now WODS will be part of the 'Red Card' Program, which includes:
- Expedited Access for acute injuries: to an appropriate GRSM sports medicine professional (i.e., one of either physician, physiotherapist or chiropractor depending upon availability). GRSM can usually offer an appointment within 2 business days for acute injuries. Please note that “acute” refers to an injury that occurred within the preceding two weeks.
- Education: waiving or reduction of fees for on-site presentations by GRSM professionals to teams, coaches, and/or parents (e.g. sports nutrition, shoulder injury and treatment, dynamic warm-up, etc.)
- Digital Information: complimentary tips, articles and resources distributed via email and/or social media (keep an eye out for this).
- 10% discount: on bracing products (excluding custom braces and sale items).
- Patients with concussions: to see a GRSM sports medicine physician for a concussion, a referral from a community physician (e.g., family physician, ER physician, urgent care clinic) is required. However, GRSM has physiotherapists who are specially trained to treat concussions and do not require a referral from a physician (unless your third party insurance company requires this).
To book an appointment: call or email a GRSM clinic and identify yourself as “a Red Card member from Waterloo Organization of Disc Sports”. Please note that patients under the age of 18 will need a parent or guardian to sign their ‘consent for treatment’ form prior to treatment.
Click here for full details.