COVID-19 Preventative Measures [Updated March 13]
*Update - March 13, 2020*
WODS is carefully monitoring the COVID-19 novel coronavirus situation.
As such, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the remaining games of the Winter League (including tonight, Mar 13), the scrimmage at Bechtel Park this Sunday, and the first two weeks of Spring League. The board of directors will re-evaluate the situation in two weeks time (March 27). Any updates will be posted on the WODS website.
The decision to postpone, reschedule, refund, or cancel games will be made as the situation continues to unfold. We appreciate your patience as this unique situation unfolds.
March 12, 2020
As we are well into flu season, and with the developments surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19), WODS is focusing on providing our members with information to protect themselves against the flu, and coronavirus. WODS leadership has and will continue to keep up to date with the latest developments and review guidelines/advice set out by the World Health Organization (WHO) the Ministry of Health-Ontario (MHO), Waterloo Region Public Health (WRPH), and Ultimate Canada, and we will continue to provide updates as necessary.
WODS leagues and events, including our AGM, will continue as planned for now, but please take a moment to read through these everyday actions that will help you and your fellow members remain healthy:
- We encourage all members to continue to wash their hands thoroughly and often for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or with an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- If you are feeling unwell or if you have a fever or respiratory illness, or symptoms such as sneezing or coughing, we ask that you do not attend your game(s) or event(s) until your symptoms clear up.
- If your team is unable to field a team, please reach out to the other team and WODS as soon as possible
In addition to the everyday actions we can all take, in alignment with Ultimate Canada, we are recommending the following precautions when you are at a WODS event, or game:
- Avoid High-Fives and Shaking Hands: The flu and coronavirus are commonly spread through close, personal contact; please refrain from high-fiving and shaking hands with teammates and opponents. An air high-five or team cheer is a great replacement!
- Don’t Share Water Bottles or Community Snacks: Please try to remember to bring your own water bottle and snacks. Keep spares in your bag or car, if you tend to forget to bring them.
- Sanitize Discs: We ask that everyone take a few minutes before coming to an event or game and disinfect all your discs (e.g. wipes or sanitizer). When possible, WODS will also supply some hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes at league games.
- Wash Hands: Please wash your hands before and after every game.
Below are some links to resources from WHO (their advice to the public, including myth busters), MHO, and WRPH for more information about coronavirus:
- WHO Coronavirus-19 Advice for Public
- WHO Coronavirus-19 Advice for Public: Myth Busters
- MHO Coronavirus - How to Protect Yourself
- Region of Waterloo - Novel Coronavirus
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.