WODS is very excited to announce the return of Youth League for the 2017 season! Come summer, if you are 2 years or older there is something for you in the WODS leagues. Youth league will run in two 8 week seasons, overlapping fully with the Monday night Adult League. Here are the details:
- Season One - May 15, 2017 - July 3, 2017 (adjusted)
- Season Two - July 10, 2017 - August 28, 2017 (adjusted)
- NOTE: dates have been adjusted due to field closure on May 8th, postponing all seasons by one week.
Registration opens at noon on Monday, March 20, 2017.
Each season will consist of 8 weeks of play, weather permitting
Mondays at 6:30 pm. Length of session varies with age, see below for details.
- 2 seasons: $120
- 1 season: $70
In their first season of play, each player in the WODS Youth League will receive:
- 2 to 5 - Fundamental Physical Skill
- 6 to 8 - Fundamentals of Sport and Ultimate
- 9 to 11 - Learning to play Ultimate
- 12 to 15 - Playing Ultimate and Learning New Skills (NEW this year: this age group will play on a full field!)
Parental Supervision Required
- 2 to 5 - One parent present on sideline minimum. We recommend that guardians participate with the player for whom they are responsible
- 6 to 8 - Guardian must be in the park
- 9 to 11 - Guardian must be in the park
- 12 to 15 - Guardian must drop player off and be ready to pick them up an hour after session begins
Length of Play Time:
- 2 to 5 - 45 minutes max, some nights will end earlier depending on children
- 6 to 8 - 1 hour
- 9 to 11 - 1.5 hours
- 12 to 15 - 1.5 hours
- 2 to 5 - Cancelled for rain
- 6 to 8 - Cancelled for rain
- 9 to 11 - Play at coaches' discretion unless there is lightning
- 12 to 15 - Play at coaches' discretion unless there is lightning
Each division has a head coach/convener who will help run and direct activities for their age group. They will be supported by additional coaches who will be responsible for small groups of players. Below 6 years of age, guardians and their children participate together; for ages 6 and up, guardians are welcome to apply as coaches.
The first 15 minutes of the first night of the season. Electronic copies of the player's handbook will be provided via email approximately one week before the season starts.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the program.